The Kern County Bar Association (KCBA)
provides leadership in advancing the professional interests of the membership and serving the legal interests of the community.
Our Goals are to:
- Promote professional development and improve participation by all members.
- Foster cooperation and goodwill between the legal profession and the community, and disseminate information to the public.
- Build and maintain programs to assure financial stability.
- Facilitate the use of technology in the practice of law.
As a component of our function we provide community resources such as:
- The Mandated Fee Arbitration Program
- The Indigent Defense Program
- The Lawyer Referral and Information Services Program (coming soon!)
Additionally, our organization supports and facilitates the KCBA Charitable Foundation, and the multitude of activities that the Charitable Foundation carries out to benefit the community, such as:
- The Constitution Day Book Giveaway Project
- The Ready - Set - Back 2 School Backpack Giveaway Project
- The Judge Arthur E. Wallace Scholarship
- The Open Doors to Courts for our High School Students
- and much, much more!
It is the responsibility of the Board of Directors to provide the leadership in order for the organization to meet its mission and goals.
It is the responsibility of the Staff to implement the leadership provided by the Board and to facilitate the actions necessary in order for the organization to carryout its mission and attain its goals. It takes a Team effort to make this happen, and we work hard at doing what we do - but we have fun and feel a sense of accomplishment in the process!
KCBA offers its (FTP) employees the following benefits:
- Group Medical Health Insurance
- Aflac Options
- Vacation Days
- Sick Pay
- Competitive Market-rate Compensation
If you are interested in joining our Team and being a part of the process please see below for available opportunities to join the KCBA Staff Team, and instructions on how to apply.
Thank you for your interest in KCBA and our Team!
JOB OPENINGS - Executive Director
The Kern County Bar Association is seeking applications for the position of Executive Director. The ED takes direction from the Board of Directors and is an ex-officio member of the Board, the KCBA Charitable Foundation, and the various committees of the Bar.
The ED is responsible for planning and organizing the special events of the Bar, coordinating member services, increasing membership, managing staff, and representing the KCBA at local, state, and national levels. The ED must have proven skills in fundraising and advertising sales, and be responsible for meeting fundraising and advertising goals.
Experience with non-profit and/or law office management is a plus. Salary DOE.
Send your resume, cover letter with salary requirement, letters of recommendation, and a recent writing sample to email@example.com by December 31, 2015.
We are always accepting volunteers to help with our daily office needs and other programs as they come up! Do you think you might have a few hours a week to dedicate to the KCBA? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a volunteer application.