Why Join the Kern County Bar Association?
For many lawyers, joining a bar association might seem like an unnecessary and meaningless exercise. What does a bar association have to do with my practice? Who needs more meetings to attend? Why bother? It may come as a surprise that large numbers of lawyers at the local, state and national levels find bar association affiliation a true enhancement to their practice, their profession, and even their personal lives.
• Benefits of KCBA Membership
When you become a member of the KCBA, you gain access to a variety of resources, programs and other assets that can enhance your career.
• Helpful MCLE Classes: KCBA through our office and our Sections offers more than 30 units of MCLE annually. Why travel to far flung places, stay in motels and pay outrageous fees for your required MCLE when you can get everything the State Bar requires right here in Bakersfield?
• Fee Arbitration Program: State Bar rules require that you offer your clients a low cost fee arbitration system when you have a fee dispute. KCBA's arbitration program provides local attorneys to help you solve your fee disputes.
• Networking with other practitioners in their area of expertise: Join active sections in family law, probate and estate planning, the criminal defense section and the new young lawyers section.
• Social Activities: KCBA's programs facilitate your meeting and talking with fellow lawyers and the judicial officers. KCBA sponsors the Bench and Bar Award Dinner, Judicial Appreciation Night, and our annual Installation Dinner as well as daytime lunch meetings for both MCLE and membership. KCBA joins with the Kern County Paralegal Association to offer the Annual Holiday Luncheon.
• Timely Magazine: The KCBA's magazine, The Res Ipsa Loquitur, is published and distributed in hard copy monthly, September through July, to members. Learn about past and upcoming KCBA events, products and services available to you and more.
One time benefit: complimentary access to BTC for 2 months. Kcba members may join BTC and pay only what is consumed—without any membership access fee. Kcba members receive the first two months of membership for free.
Streamline your office operations with eLuminate! This highly customizable, web-based legal case management software allows you to auto-fill documents, send mass emails, have clients sign documents electronically, manage potential and current cases, run insightful reports and more in one convenient platform. Contact email@example.com or call 617-800-0089 to learn more and get started with a free 30-day trial - no credit card required. Kern County Bar Association members get 10% off of their first year with the code KERN10.
Please let me know if you would like me to send over more descriptive or any other information.