The Kern County Bar Association (KCBA)
provides leadership in advancing the professional interests of the membership and serving the legal interests of the community.
Our Goals are to:
- Promote professional development and improve participation by all members.
- Foster cooperation and goodwill between the legal profession and the community, and disseminate information to the public.
- Build and maintain programs to assure financial stability.
- Facilitate the use of technology in the practice of law.
As a component of our function we provide community resources such as:
- The Mandated Fee Arbitration Program
- The Indigent Defense Program
- The Lawyer Referral and Information Services Program (coming soon!)
Additionally, our organization supports and facilitates the KCBA Charitable Foundation, and the multitude of activities that the Charitable Foundation carries out to benefit the community, such as:
- The Constitution Day Book Giveaway Project
- The Ready - Set - Back 2 School Backpack Giveaway Project
- The Judge Arthur E. Wallace Scholarship
- The Open Doors to Courts for our High School Students
- and much, much more!
It is the responsibility of the Board of Directors to provide the leadership in order for the organization to meet its mission and goals.
It is the responsibility of the Staff to implement the leadership provided by the Board and to facilitate the actions necessary in order for the organization to carryout its mission and attain its goals. It takes a Team effort to make this happen, and we work hard at doing what we do - but we have fun and feel a sense of accomplishment in the process!
KCBA offers its (FTP) employees the following benefits:
- Group Medical Health Insurance
- Aflac Options
- Vacation Days
- Sick Pay
- Competitive Market-rate Compensation
If you are interested in joining our Team and being a part of the process please see below for available opportunities to join the KCBA Staff Team, and instructions on how to apply.
Thank you for your interest in KCBA and our Team!
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Posted 10/30/13):
A well-qualified candidate for Executive Director can implement the mission, goals, and policies of KCBA. The person must be an experienced fundraiser and a proven leader. Given the wide array of Executive Director duties, the candidate must also possess strong organizational and management skills, as well as an ability to think proactively in order to increase membership and further KCBA’s strategic objectives. The person must be an effective communicator capable of working with diverse personalities (both inside and outside of KCBA), and with the KCBA Board of Directors.
• Bachelor’s degree (minimum requirement)
• Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills
• Proven fundraising skills and/or sales experience
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups
• Ability to identify, analyze, and evaluate situations, issues, and opportunities that are relevant to the local legal community and the community as a whole
• Ability to manage funds and maximize resources
• Non-profit or executive-level experience preferred, but not required
The KCBA Selection Committee thanks you for your input. Please direct information regarding any potential candidates to Katy Raytis at (661) 695-5167 or email@example.com.
We are always accepting volunteers to help with our daily office needs and other programs as they come up! Do you think you might have a few hours a week to dedicate to the KCBA? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a volunteer applicaiton.